Children suffer when someone they love dies. SeeSaw helps them come to terms with their feelings. We provide a unique grief support service in Oxfordshire for children, young people and their families facing or following the death of a parent or sibling.
To support our service, we depend on the generosity of individuals and organisations. So we’re delighted to be one of the Race Charities for the 2014 Oxford Half Marathon.
Join ex Oxford United’s Steve Basham and the SeeSaw Dream Team to help raise funds for SeeSaw’s work! We will provide you with a SeeSaw t-shirt or running vest, and our volunteers will cheer you on all around the course.
How does SeeSaw help children in Oxfordshire?
– If a family calls in crisis, we are often able to visit within 24 hours.
– One to one sessions with a volunteer support worker take place where the child is most comfortable – at home.
– SeeSaw provides grief support whatever the cause of death – sudden or expected, illness or accident, murder or suicide.
– We provide advice and training to all professionals in the county working with children and young people who have been, or are about to be, affected by a death.
Why do we need your help?
– It costs around £300,000 to provide our county-wide service.
– We have only four paid clinical staff – two full-time and two part-time.
– We have a superb team of 11 volunteer support workers who do much of our one-to-one support, and a dedicated team of volunteer trustees who bring clinical, financial and fundraising expertise to SeeSaw.
– 85% of our funds are raised by our activities and contacts with local communities, the corporate sector, and charitable bodies.
To join the SeeSaw Dream Team, please contact Jane Elliott, Fundraiser on 01865 744768 or email email@example.com
Bush House, 2 Merewood Avenue, Oxford OX3 8EF
SeeSaw is a registered charity: 1076321